Director of Underwriting Operations
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
TheGuarantors is a cutting edge fintech company whose mission is to improve renting affordability and accessibility for millions of renters nationwide. Its flagship financial and insurance products allow renters to qualify for the home of their dreams while keeping more cash in their pocket at move-in. Fresh off a $50M Series C funding round, TheGuarantors has more than doubled its revenue annually since inception and continues to rapidly expand its footprint, team, and product. The company ranks as one of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing companies, Forbes’ best startup employers, one of The Financial Times’ fastest growing companies in America, Built In’s 2023 Best Places to Work, and Business Insider’s 21 proptech startups to bet your career on in 2023.
As Director of Underwriting Operations, you will be responsible for developing and executing the sales and underwriting strategy, in alignment with overall company objectives. You will manage sales and underwriting processes, metrics, and reporting to provide visibility into team performance, and identify opportunities for process improvement. Additionally, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize sales enablement and support the development of training programs to improve the effectiveness of the team.
What You Will Do
- Develop and implement strategies and processes to drive revenue growth and increase profitability
- Implement performance metrics and dashboards to track key performance indicators (KPIs) and measure sales and underwriting effectiveness
- Lead projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, marketing, and legal
- Analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer feedback to identify opportunities for innovation and differentiation
- Provide training, mentoring, and feedback to underwriting operation associates
- Manage staffing forecasts for sales, underwriting, and operational support teams
- Provide regular updates and feedback to senior leadership
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies, including data privacy and security, sales practices, and ethical standards
What You'll Bring
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business Administration, or related field required
- 5+ years of related experience
Nice To Have
- An MBA
- Consulting or product background
- High-level management experience
What We Offer
Opportunities to make an impact within a fast growing company
Medical, dental, & vision insurance, beginning day one
Health savings account with employer contribution
Generous PTO and paid holidays
Flexible working hours
Paid parental leave
Company sponsored short and long term disability
Flexible spending accounts (healthcare, dependent care, commuter)
Stay in Touch
Does this role not quite match your skills, but you’re still interested in what we're doing? Stay In Touch and be one of the first to hear about future opportunities!
TheGuarantors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.
Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, location and current market data and may vary from the range above.
See more open positions at TheGuarantors
Something looks off?