Senior Back End Engineer
LoanStreet is the first fully integrated online marketplace that streamlines the process of sharing, managing, and scaling loan trading for credit unions, banks and direct lenders. Our mission is to provide the most efficient, transparent and robust tools for financial institutions of all sizes to manage their balance sheets, connect with partners and effectively share risk. With over 1300+ institutions on our platform, we are a Series B company, with global investors that include Portage (Sagard), Third Prime and Arbor Ventures.
Does This Sound Like You?
We are looking for someone who is excited about helping us as we transform the lending industry. Someone who combines humility and brilliance and considers kindness a core part of who they are. Someone who wants to join a vibrant team of smart, multi-talented people who enjoy hiking or bowling together as much as they do working together on a new feature.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with strong knowledge of software architecture and design patterns. You will be helping to guide development on a technology stack encompassing a range of technologies and architectures.
We need someone committed to building a strong team. In partnership with the VP of Engineering, you will be relied upon to establish yourself as a technical leader within the engineering team, as well as providing direct oversight for a team of engineers. The ability to effectively mentor other engineers will be key to success in this role.
Ideally you have startup experience and have played an important engineering role in bringing a product to market.
The base compensation range is between $130K - $180K plus equity.
- Work with a team of engineers to build out elegant backend solutions, partnering with frontend developers, UX designers, and product managers to understand and match visual design intent.
- Mentor junior developers in best practices for design, development, deployment, maintenance and testing standards.
- Analyze requirements for tech feasibility and complexity in UI and design technical solutions.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Document backend designs and contribute to the component library.
- Perform peer code reviews and collaborate with the team to improve overall code quality.
- Ensure quality of the technical deliverables is sustained.
- Triage and fix production issues.
- 5+ years of experience in a development role.
- B.S. in computer science or other engineering discipline.
- Effective communication skills. Experience in regularly achieving consensus with peers, giving clear status updates, and writing technical design documents.
- Experience owning a problem from understanding, brainstorming toward a solution, weighing alternatives, advocating for the optimal solution, and executing in a collaborative manner.
- Place great value in testing and writing readable, maintainable code.
- Advocate and influence organization coding standards and pattern, leading by example with readable, maintainable code and software pattern.
- Understand the complexities of developing and maintaining production software.
- Strong disposition towards collaboration and communication.
Ideally You Have
- Have experience in writing technical design documents, proposing new business workflow and cloud architecture.
- Worked closely with Product to understand user issues and brainstormed toward solutions.
- Actively involved in the engineering culture in developing coding standards and mentoring junior developers.
- Familiarity or interest in some of the following: Kotlin, Java, Spring, Postgres, Domain Driven Design.
- Experience with AWS, Cloudformation, and Docker.
- Teamwork: Collaboration counts. Our employees work together to create an efficient and effective environment that entices and engages.
- Curiosity: The more we know. Our employees share a relentless inquisitiveness and enjoy solving complex problems for our clients.
- Grit: Unstoppable perseverance. Our employees are determined to deliver results for our clients. They’re dependable and passionate about their work.
- Ownership: Take charge. Our employees take initiative to bring positive results and take accountability for their projects.
- Individuality: Your voice matters. Contributing unique ideas and fresh perspectives helps us achieve our full potential.
- Empathy: Perspective is paramount. Our employees read the room, respond respectfully and think critically about what they say and how they say it.
- Aetna and Metlife Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (some monthly premiums 100% paid for by the company)
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly commuter benefits
- FSA/HSA plans
- Free yearly memberships to OneMedical, HealthAdvocate, Teladoc, and Talkspace
- $15 monthly credit toward ClassPass subscription
- $1500 yearly professional development stipend
Something looks off?