The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for an extraordinary Executive Assistant to join our team at Kin. Primarily supporting our CEO and working with an accomplished team of executive leaders, you will help ensure the team operates at a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness. As a highly successful Executive Assistant, you will have experience working with a leadership team to anticipate what is needed, operate independently and know when to check-in, be professional and detail-oriented, and comfortable creating structure from ambiguity. This role will also oversee office administration. The Executive Assistant will be based in our Chicago office, and onsite 3-4 days per week.
A day in the life could include:
- Meeting with executives to discuss priorities, outstanding decisions, and upcoming events
- Communicating on behalf of the leadership team to various internal and external stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining individual schedules, and with an understanding of priorities, identifying and resolving conflicts
- Supporting coordination of internal leadership meetings
- Playing both gatekeeper and gateway between leadership and employees
- Scheduling quarterly board meetings, including travel, meals, and lodging details
- General administrative support of executives, including email management, travel and miscellaneous requests
- Creating, coordinating, and integrating various presentations, memos, and related materials
- Overseeing office operations
- Partnering with finance and accounting teams on budgets
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years experience directly supporting the CEO and other executives
- Outstanding organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to own a project from start to completion
- Work effectively with little direction, create structure from ambiguity, see the big picture and manage all the details
- Skilled communicator at all levels
- Professional demeanor, with unquestionable integrity, trustworthiness, and confidentiality
- Adept at managing multiple priorities and shifting timelines. Effectively prioritize, reprioritize, and make decisions with little direction to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment - both reactive and proactive, anticipating what needs to be done and doing it
- Strong Google suite knowledge including documents, spreadsheets, presentations, file management
- Adept at remote conferencing platforms: Google Meet, Zoom
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Something looks off?