The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
This is an exciting role for someone who is in love with data and looking to grow their Marketing skills. Your primary role will include digging deep into our marketing campaigns, finding insights that allow us to optimize, and helping execute those ideas. You’ll be joined at the hip with both our Performance Marketing and Business Intelligence teams. You’ll get exposure across multiple marketing disciplines, including Email, Paid Search, Digital, and Offline advertising.
A day in the life could include:
- Own lifecycle marketing test/control and segmentation analysis. Take the time to dig deeply into the data, beyond surface, campaign-level results.
- Support ad hoc reporting for other channels, including SEM, Facebook, TV, and SEO.
- Use data to guide decision making around what our most profitable segments are.
- Assist with business cases and sizing for new tests and channels.
- Create and monitor weekly trend reports and provide into what the key factors are that are driving performance.
- Help with implementation and QA where data is passed between Kin and its vendors.
- Use various attribution methodologies (first touch, last touch, holdout vs. treated) to determine success, and provide observations into where our channels lie in the multi-touch journey.
- Partner closely with experienced BI team members, to ensure we are using consistent testing and measurement methodologies across the business.
- Assist Email Marketing Managers with executing both marketing and compliance communications.
- Assist Paid channels with tasks such as QAing Looker reports, using Google Tag Manager to add pixels to our site, and coordinating with our Product and Engineering teams where development work is needed.
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Excellent analytics and data interpretation skills - will be asked for examples of a complex analysis.
- Basic SQL.
- Experience manipulating large amounts of data.
- Experience with a/b testing or experimental design.
- Comfortable with using (or learning to use) marketing technology, including email platforms such as Iterable, SFMC, Hubspot, and paid ad platforms such as Google Ads and Facebook Ads Manager.
- Excel or Google sheets expert.
- Positive, collaborative attitude.
- Exposure to other statistical methodologies (regression analysis, cluster analysis).
- Looker or Tableau reporting skills.
- Experience using an email platform.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Something looks off?